Free Personal Budget Software
|Download the Free Personal Budget Software||Download the Free Cash Flow Projector Demo||Personal Budget Software Instructions||Budgeting Report Explanation Text|
(is listed below. The financial planning software modules are on the right-side column)
Confused? It Makes More Sense if You Start at the Home Page
Questions About Home Budget Software? Call (734) 369-0580 or Send E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Downloads and Money Tools
|Prices and ordering information are at the bottom
First, the Free Personal Budget Software
Comprehensive Budgeting Tools for Creating a Current Snapshot of a Family's Budget (incomes vs. expenses)
This comprehensive personal budget tool is for tracking, organizing, and comparing family incomes and expenses.
This is how to get as accurate of a picture of spending vs. income as you want. The accuracy depends only on how much time you spend on inputting details.
It's also important to know what your monthly "nut" would be if you were to become disabled. So everything is duplicated for you to tweak your estimated expenses while disabled, and then it calculates how much disability insurance you'd need.
The same concepts apply to calculating the need for nursing home insurance (AKA long-term care insurance), and retirement income goals.
This is the rare case where we didn't make a fuss about creating a competitive product. This is because there's a "race to the bottom" in the personal budget space, so major players have either went under or offer their budget software for free, just to get the ad traffic money.
• This personal budget software has three main expense sections, just like the Real World: Fixed expenses, variable expenses, and debt payments.
• The family budget spreadsheet shows a snapshot of your current major expense and debt categories, and three detailed bar charts to help put expenses into perspective.
• It categorizes everything logically by type of expense, so you can easily see where the money is going, by category, and who is spending it.
• The family budget tool determines how much you're really spending hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, and annually.
• You can track and account for every dollar spent if you want to.
• The family budget spreadsheet allows you to compare what you actually spent to pre-budgeted amounts. It then shows how much you were off, by comparing actual expenses with what you forecasted / estimated / budgeted for / set spending limits on / or have spent in the past.
This helps identify items where you're spending more or less than you budgeted for. It shows these differences both for each variable expense, and for all of the combined variable expenses. So this feature tells you which expenses, and how much, you need to cut back on to stay within your family budget.
• The budget program tells if you're running a surplus or deficit, and how much it is annually / monthly / weekly / daily / and hourly based on a 40-hour work week.
• The budgeting tool has separate duplicated sheets so you can adjust your normal times expenses to account for disability of one, or both, breadwinners. Then these (monthly) deficit numbers are the amounts of disability or long-term care insurance you would need to buy to protect your standard of living for your family.
• The personal budget software tells you what percent of your gross income is going to fixed expenses, variable expenses, taxes, debt repayments, and surplus / deficits. It then gives the same numbers on a net (after-tax) basis. It then does it all again as if disabled.
• The home budget software displays how much net and gross income you'll need on an annual / monthly / weekly / daily / and hourly basis to meet the budget. It tells you what everything would be if you were debt-free and/or disabled, for a total of eight scenarios at once.
• The budget software determines your average / effective tax bracket, and how taxes are allocated.
• These budget tools make lots of nice color charts for most everything you can think of, and everything everyone else's budget software has.
• The family budget spreadsheet figures your gas mileage both on each fill-up and on average. This is a great way to tell if you need a tune-up (your gas mileage will go down relative to the average).
• You can budget / plan and save for future expenditures / goals by using the replacement calculator. Not accounting for mundane replacements is the biggest reason why people's budgets never add up. There is one for normal times and one for disabled times. This will calculate the amounts you'll need to save periodically to have the money needed to replace expensive things that will eventually wear out - like painting, roofing, vehicles, etc.
• It's just an Excel financial spreadsheet, so there's no installation procedures. It's simple and not overwhelming. It's almost as easy to use compared to programs like Quicken, lets you make any changes you want to fit your needs, and allows you to run all "What-if" scenarios.
• There are plenty of income and expense categories, and if you want more, there are plenty of miscellaneous categories you can rename to be whatever you want.
The 75-year Cash Flow Projector
When you order the Cash Flow Projector it comes with the Budget Tool, above.
This takes a current snapshot of a family's incomes and expenses, then projecting everything up to 75-years into the future. You can control every dollar in every year with each item.
• The personal budget software takes each expense in three categories - fixed, variable, and debt service; and then adds the inputted annual inflation rate to determine the next years' numbers. To keep it simple, you can use a global inflation rate to make everything inflate at the same rate with just one input.
• You can change each expense's inflation rate, which can even be negative, and you can manually override each expense amount in every year. This gives you total control over every dollar in every year.
You can also stop any income or expense in one year, then bring it back in a future year. You can also start a new income or expense in any future year, even if it doesn't currently exist (and then have it last just one month or one day or be just $1). You have total control and can do anything you need.
• The personal budget software also projects all incomes using the same global rate of increase and/or being able to control every dollar in every year.
• It has duplicated cash flow projection sheets so you can adjust your normal times expenses to account for disability of one, or both, breadwinners. Then the (monthly) deficit numbers display the amounts of disability or nursing home insurance you'd need to buy to protect your standard of living.
• This personal budget software gives you total control over forecasting incomes and expenses into the future, so you can nail down how much you'll be spending during retirement. You'd then integrate these future estimated annual budgets into the income goal manual override columns of Real World Retirement, or RP, the scaled-down retirement planner.
Integrating with RWR is an accurate way to project your financial future, so the integrated financial planner was developed to do all of this automatically, via hard-wiring the programs together.
• You can perform any "What-If scenario" you can think of quicker and easier than other programs by using Excel's built-in Goal Seek function with just six clicks.
• The cash flow projector gives you the choice of figuring taxes automatically or manually. Either way, you'll have total control over how much is spent on all taxes. Being able to simulate increases or decreases in any tax rate in any year is a unique feature.
• It then adds everything up to get all of the bottom lines in the overall picture in each year. This includes gross vs. net incomes and just about everything else you can think of - both in normal times and if disabled (or in long-term care).
• It also compares the percentage change for each expense, each expense category, and incomes for each year. At the bottom row of every subheading (where subtotals are tallied) there is a row that shows the percentage difference increase / decrease from the previous year.
• The family budget spreadsheet calculates the standard deviation, average, median, minimum, and maximum for all incomes, expenses, subtotals, and totals.
• The cash flow software also has many tables, charts, and graphs to show the overall results. There's too many to list here, please see the demo. Just about every way of presenting information is there.
• If you want to see information displayed that's not already there, then the Results sheets are not protected, so you can make new charts and do anything else you want to it.
To download the demos, right click on a link below, and then choose "Save (Target) As..." to save to your hard drive. Then find it and open with Excel.
Be sure to see the sheet that shows what colors should look like
Download the free fully-functional budget software
Download the 75-year Cash Flow Projector demo
After you have the family budget spreadsheet, read the directions
This is also one of the programs that has the automatic updater spreadsheet, so it's only a few clicks to update from the old to new version (so there's no manual copying and pasting of inputs required, it's all automatic)
|Financial Planning Software Modules For Sale
(are listed below)
Our Unique Financial Services
Miscellaneous Pages of Interest
Buy now with your Visa or MasterCard by calling (734) 369-0580
|Home Budget and Cash Flow Projector Prices||Unsupported||E-mail Support||E-mail and Phone Support|
|Cash Flow Projector (Includes the same Budget Tool)||$5||$10||$20|
|Cash Flow Projector with Cash Flow Fact Finder
(consumers don't need Fact Finders)
© Copyright 1997 - 2014 Tools For Money, All Rights Reserved